Effective and safe for all skin types, this breakthrough depigmentation treatment for the face, neck, chest, hands and back is a powerfully brilliant solution for stubborn melasma, age spots, sun damage, acne and post-acne traces.
How It Works
Brown patches or skin discoloration are a consequence of many factors such as sun exposure, aging, acne scarring and/or hormonal fluctuations due to pregnancy or menopause. The Cosmelan® secret to success is a combination of different depigmentation agents that decrease melanin production and formation in the skin by inhibiting the enzyme Tyrosinase (involved in the manufacture of melanin in the skin). Melanin is responsible for darkening of the skin during tanning and the formation of brown spots after long-term sun exposure. In addition, the hormone Estrogen can influence the production of melanin which is responsible for the formation of Melasma.
The Cosmelan® Advantage
- It can be applied anytime of the year.
- It’s compatible with all types of skin.
- It permits sun exposure without risk of spots appearing.
- It is completely safe and does not include harsh ingredients like TCA or Hydroquinone.
- There are minimal side effects (very little redness and flaking).
- It is also beneficial for acne patients by reducing sebaceous secretion and erases post acne discoloration.
- You will typically see your skin become bright and rejuvenated with lightening of red spots and brown areas in as little as 10 days.
The Cosmelan® System
Unlike other Medical Spa’s and Dermatologists, Motykie Med Spa has a full system for the Cosmelan® Treatment which includes the Cosmelan® 1 Mask (in-office peel), Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream (to continue the suppression of melanin production), and Mesoestetic Hydra -vital Factor K Cream (cut’s the healing time in half and will guarantee the best results possible). Unique to the Motykie Med Spa only, we also include a special second application of the Cosmelan® 1 Mask (in-office), two to three weeks following the first application.
* Cosmelan® 1 Mask- Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Titanium Dioxide
* Cosmelan® 2 Cream- Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid
* Hydra-vital Factor K Cream- Hydro-nutritional cream for all treated areas and contains: Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil
The Three Stages of The System
Stage 1- The initial treatment of the Cosmelan® 1 Mask is always done in office. This involves a full evaluation of the skin by one of our Medical Aesthetic Specialist’s. The cleaning of the skin is done with a degreasing agent in order to remove any dead skin cells, oils and other debris. The Cosmelan® 1 Mask is then applied and left on for 5-10 hours depending on your skin type and sensitivity level. After the appropriate amount of time has elapsed, the mask is removed at home with water and a light cleanser. Then the Hydra-vital Factor K Cream is immediately applied on the treated area.
Stage 2- For the next two weeks following the initial treatment, you will apply the Cosmelan® 2 Cream, 2-3 times daily, for the first two weeks and then once daily to maintain your results.
Stage 3- As an added bonus, Motykie Med Spa will do a follow-up Cosmelan® 1 Mask treatment 2-3 weeks after the first initial treatment on your stubborn or problem areas that need extra attention. We have found that adding this extra step has produced the best and most effective treatment results!